Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Newsflash: Interesting Content Heard Before Not That Interesting Second Time Around - Lecture 3 Post-Op

Urg...The lecture was interesting, In that it proved the age old theory that 'Interesting Content Heard A Second Time Is Not As Interesting'. To give John some credit, it was interesting to hear about his involvement in the early research and study into online communities and his time spent at Auran during that time. But other then that I can't truthfully say anything else was more then just re-enforcement of previously stated theories and concepts on virtual communities that I already know from previous classes and the readings. That said I'll be more then happy to upload my comments on this weeks reading, which was more of the same, but at least I could start and stop reading it whenever I wanted to.


And for some reason it's not as exciting thinking about doing a Phd on video games and online communities as it once was...you'd think I'd be like 'wahoo, play games, talk online all the time, sign me up!'. Maybe I've moved on...:P most unlike me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home