Friday, March 18, 2005

Oh, If Only I could Charge for Open Source, I would be a Millionaire - Week 3 Tutorial and Reading and everything Post-Op

Spent the lab session looking and discussing Virtual Communities and Mailing List. Nothing really new to me since I have been a member of devART since the end of last year, and I have been a member of the mailing list for the band TISM for at least a year now. The reading material was of course based around the quandary of open technologies vs open publishing. Open source is as interesting to me as it should be to everyone else, very. The people doing it aren’t doing it for profit, so their motives are going to be easier to predict, and yeah everyone adding to things and then passing them along can only turn out for the best in the end. Other then that, the reading goes between discussing newspapers and internet-based publishing, and a range of other groups, but never sticks on one long enough to form a solid focus for the discussion.

Overall, Open Source = Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home